Essential oils have been used for centuries to help soothe the nervous system and promote relaxation.
Here are five of the best ways to instantly calm your nervous system with essential oils:
1. Direct Application to the Skin: Applying essential oils directly to your skin can also help calm your nervous system. Popular options include lavender, bergamot and frankincense, or why not try one of our naturopath approved essential oil blends to harness the benefits of multiple oils in the same bottle? First you must dilute the essential oil with a carrier oil such as jojoba before massaging it into the skin, or add a few drops to your bath for an even deeper relaxing soak.
2. Aromatic Inhalation: Inhaling essential oils is a quick and effective way to calm your nervous system. Simply add a few drops of your favourite essential oil or blend to a tissue or handkerchief and inhale deeply as needed.
3. Relaxing Massage: Massaging essential oils into the skin is a great way to help calm your nervous system. Simply blend a calming oil like our Arrive blend with a carrier oil for a relaxing massage experience that moves beyond the body and helps the mind too
4. Waterless Nebulizing Diffusers: Nebulizing diffusers are the best way to use essential oils to instantly calm your nervous system. The fine mist created by the diffuser’s atomizer disperses pure essential oils into the air, allowing you to breathe them in and experience their thereputic benefits.
5. Incorporation into Balms and Other Cosmetics: Essential oils can also be included in balms and other cosmetics to help calm your nervous system. This can elevate your traditional face creams or moisturisers through both scent and calming effects. Small patch test in required.
Whether you choose to use a waterless nebulizing diffuser, apply the oils directly to your skin, or incorporate them into balms and other cosmetics, the benefits of essential oils are easily accessible and highly effective. So why not give one of these methods a try today and experience the calming effects of essential oils for yourself!